Generating units with fuel/technology types other than Hydro, Geothermal, Nuclear, Ocean, Solar, Wind, Flywheel or Thermal are required to enter emissions into NEPOOL GIS. Failure to do so will result in a loss of State Attribute Classification for the upcoming quarter (only for the month in which emissions were not entered), as well as, an entry of the listed proxy emission rate for the registered fuel type(s) for your unit(s).
To enter emissions, User takes the following steps:
- In the Account Dashboard, locate the Asset Management module.
- Under the Asset Management module, click the corresponding hyperlinked month and year under the Modify Generation/Emissions column.
- Select the appropriate year and month dropdowns.
- Verify the monthly generation under the Generation (MWh) column and enter emissions under each corresponding emission columns.
Note: Generators located in New England will report gross monthly emissions output and Import generators will report emissions in lbs/MWh.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to save emissions entry.
Please visit the Meter Data & Emissions Reporting FAQ page for more information.