Mass Clean Energy Center (CEC) is assigned as the Independent Verifier for CPS Resources through the project registration screen and approved based on RPS state approvals. Once an RPS resource is approved in GIS, MA CEC begins uploading monthly CPS data for projects. All CPEC calculations are done outside of NEPOOL GIS and MA CEC only reports the quantities expected for CPEC issuance.
To upload CPS data, MA CEC takes the following steps:
1. Create a .TXT or .CSV monthly file for Generation Data Upload. The fields in the Generation Data Batch Upload must contain:
o GENERATORID – CPS Unit ID
o QREUNITID – CPS Unit ID
o TIMEINTERVALSTART – Ex. 2020-06-01T00:00:00-04:00
o TIMEINTERVALEND – Ex. 2020-07-01T00:00:00-04:00
o QUANTITY - Numeric
o UNITOFMEASURE - CPEC
2. Log in to NEPOOL GIS.
3. In the Account Dashboard, User clicks on the Meter Data option from the menu bar and select CPS Data Loading as show below:
4. In the CPS Data Loading screen, select the year, Data Type, and Data Reporting Time Zone.
5. Click on Choose File to select the file and click on the Upload button to upload the file.
Note: If there are any issues with the data in the upload file, the file will not be uploaded.
6. After clicking the ‘Upload’ button, a confirmation screen will appear to display and confirm the results of the upload.